From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 16:47:44 -0700
Please do not respond to ADMIN message via PCBUILD,
please send comments directly to: Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>

Hello all...

Normally, we do not have issues with any virus, as the mailing
lists detects and removes virii and/or deletes out file attachments that
may contain a virus.  That is until the advent of our current out
break.

Now, we have a virus rampant that is sending it's self back from
an infected subscriber to anyone who posts to PCBUILD.  This
virus is easy to detect, you will receive an email with these properties:

From:  Hahaha
Subject line:  Snowhite and the Seven Dwarfs - The REAL story!

If you receive an email with these properties, delete it and the
file attachment immediately, it contains a virus.  Once you are
infected, it will send it's self out to anyone who sends you an
email...  you become part of the problem.

We have been removing subscribers from the lists as soon as
they become infected and send a message back with the virus.
The problem is that we have now removed five subscribers and
the problem seems to persist...  more people are infected.  If you
do not have a virus scanner, you should have one.  We recommend
the following virus software:

McAfee:  http://www.mcafee.com
AVP:   http://www.avp.ch

This virus is:    I-Worm.Hybris

I will be posting to the lists from time to time with a test message to await
a response so I can remove anyone infected.   If you have the virus or believe
you have the virus..  or even wonder...  scan your system with either McAfee,
AVP or any other good anti-virus software.   But, please...  be aware that
allowing this to go unchecked is causing havoc with others.

In the meantime, if you receive one of these emails, delete it along with
the file attachment...  and let me know the address from which the email
originated.  Thank you for your time.

      Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                     visit our download web page at: