From:
Will Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 07:51:00 -0500
Hello!

Some possibilities....
1. Has the ISP made any (and I mean any) changes to their configuration
(software or hardware). I work for an ISP and find that any change in our
configuration affects some of our customers.

2. Could you bring a laptop to his house and try to connect? Or can your
client take his machine to another house nearby to test there?

3. And I realize that this is an ISP song and dance, but has the client had
the phone lines checked?

HTH

Will Stephenson   ><>

I have a client with a strange modem and/or isp problem. He used to be able
to connect to his isp no problem and then was unable to. I reconfigured his
machine and could connect (from my office location). When he took his
machine home he still couldn't connect. His isp cannot explain it. They have
tried command strings and nothing makes any difference. He ended up
upgrading his machine and I put a new Acer 56k pci voice modem in it. Again
I could connect no problem from my office but he could not connect at home.
He is in the country and I am wondering about the lines, however he used to
be able to connect and he can fax no problem. Could it be a speed problem
with the modem?? (Again he used to be able to connect with the same
settings). Help!!!!

Shawn M. Shea

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html