From:
Jerry Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 16:00:33 -0400
George,
I have taken apart these 2GB cartridges, placed a small drop of super glue
on the end of the tape and respooled the tape.  The Iomega website has a
page describing the process of respooling cartridges.  Tensioning the two
reels against each other while reinstalling the rubber belt around them is
tricky.  I use a couple of toothpicks to allow me to turn one reel without
also moving the belt.  After you get the cartridge back together, be sure to
check that the end of tape sensor light inside the drive is clean.

PS Be careful that you don't misplace the little spring that holds the
access door closed.  It is easily lost.

HTH,
Jerry Rasmussen
Rasmussen & Bucklin Associates