From:
William Pike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 23:23:00 -0500
Gregg, this is not the answer that you asked for, but as far as I know there
isn't a back door or override password for Windows XP. However there is a
way to reset the password. I'm assuming that you are referring to the
Windows log on (administrator) password and not some boot or bios password.
Passware corp makes a password recovery (reset) key that works with Windows
NT/2000/XP http://www.lostpassword.com/ however the key is rather expensive,
($195 usd) if you were to call around to some of the local computer shops in
your area you may find someone who has a password recovery service. The
usual charge for this service is from $25 to $50 (this is what I charge, so
I'm basing this on my area, prices in your region may be different). If the
problem is a bios password, there are several free (or inexpensive)
utilities to reset bios passwords.

William Pike