From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 21:15:26 -0500
        I am trying to get a CD-ROM to be recognized by Win95 with native drivers,
but it does not seem to want to see it. When I first installed Win95 I had
DOS drivers present for the CD-ROM, mainly because Win95 was on CD! Well, it
works with the DOS drivers but I am suffering performance problems and some
software will not work. I tried disabling the DOS drivers in the config.sys
and autoexec.bat file, and let Win95 reboot. Thought 95 would see it, nope.
Tried searching for hardware in the add/remove hardware section of control
panel, nope. Tried to manually install CD-ROM drivers in the add/remove
hardware dialog, but there is no option for CD-ROM's, just controllers. The
system is an IBM P60, two IDE hard drives, one about 500 megs as C and a 4
gig as 3 partitions, d, e, f. The system does not support LBA and is using a
drive manager type program, this is not changeable for too many reasons to
mention. The CD-ROM is a plain vanilla IDE 4X (I think, might be 8X) on the
secondary IDE channel. System worked upgraded from win3.11, worked fine,
works fine now except for the CD-ROM only being recognized with DOS drivers.
Any help would be most appreciated, thank you for your time.  TTYL

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com