From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 00:15:32 -0400
Sounds like it's looking for the software for something like a Promise Ultra PCI card.  Do you have something like that on your machine?  It would add four plugs for mass storage devices like hard drives, zip drives, CD's, CD-RW, etc.  Look in device manager to see if you have something with a yellow exclamation point in front of it.  If that's what it is you'll have to remove it in device manager, but have the software already downloaded from the manufacturer's web site so that when you restart you can direct the wizard to the correct files.

>After I reloaded Windows Millenium following a crash, I keep getting the following message every time windows restarts:
>          "PCI MASS STORAGE CONTROLLER" with New Hardware Wizzard screen looking for the software for that controller.  I tried loading the CD Rom with Windows 98 as I've been directed to, nothing happens...  The nagging screen keeps popping up.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml