From:
Dan Shaughnessy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 19:39:12 -0500
According to the overclocker news groups, the Celeron 266 or the Celeron
300_A_ are the best 2 chips to overclock.  Most seem to be able to run the
266 at 400MHZ, and the 300A at 450 MHZ.  Because of the onchip cache the
o/c 300A is reportedly as fast as a 450 PII...Jury is out on that one in my
opinion.  Remember to get high quality RAM if you are going to O/C.

As far as Video, the Millenium G200 has excellent performance, possibly the
best in 2D and can be found for less than $125.00.  An excellent buy.  Keep
in mind the Celeron's are "multiplier locked", so you can only overclock by
increasing the bus speed.  Make sure your MOB will let you set AGP bus to
66 regardless of bus speed, or you will probably experience problems.

Dan Shaughnessy
>I am looking to build a new system with a ASUS P2B
>mother board and a Celeron ?? chip.
>
>Question:
>Looking at over clocking which is the best Celeron to use?
>
>What is the recommendations for a AGP video? I am not
>a gamer !! Good performance at a moderate price is important.
>
>Thanks for your time

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**