From:
"David Brenner, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 06:08:29 -0700
I've had good success with both Ricoh (2x write) and Yamaha CD-RW (4x
write). [Can't remember model numbers off-hand]. Both of these units are
SCSI.

Internal vs. External are more related to the number of drive bays available
in your computer case, and/or personal preference, more than anything else.

A better question to ask is SCSI better than IDE? If you go IDE you're
better off internal, because an external CD would connect to the Parallel
Port and would be slower. With SCSI, internal vice external is not an issue
performance wise.

In the past SCSI was preferred because of higher data throughput and
therefore less buffer over/under run problems. Anyone with IDE CD-RW
experience care to jump in on that??

Hope this helps. Good Luck. Regards,

David Brenner