From:
Rick Thornton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 02:08:22 -0500
HI,
    Our Seniors computing club (www.biscc.com if your interested in grey computing power) operates a network of 7 pcs (2x P4 2.6ghx, 5XCeleron 2.6) and 1 MAC.  The pcs all run Winxp home. (The MAC just happily ignores it all and does everything asked of it.)  The network operates through a 12 port Switch and the internet connection is through a NB1300 ethernet modem.  The modem assigns the IP addresses (I am pretty sure). We just recently upgraded 4 old Celeron 733s to the 2.6 ghz.  All has gone well except for one particular Celeron 2.6.  It will not connect to the network or the internet. All I can get is that there is limited or no internet connectivity and it cannot contact the DHCP server.  What is strange is that if I take it to the shop where we bought it or to my home and set it up it immediately finds the network and the internet!  I have tried putting in a static IP but that doesn't seem to do anything. Also when I take it off the club net and replace the old machine the problem goes away!    None of us are well versed in networking and the staff at the computer shop seem stumped by the problem. Is this machine haunted? Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Rick Thornton

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>