From:
Yui Shin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 11:35:13 -0700
Hi,

Using the CD-R/W's for back up works alright, but sharing the discs for distribution won't.

 CD-R/W's require the exact same decoding process to be read as used during the encoding.

CD-R's can be shared, but not with everyone. There are still several issues surrounding playback compatibility among

CD drives,  with no specific pattern related to how new/old they are.

Bottom Line: CD-R's are shareable with some exceptions. CD-R/W's are not except in very unusual situations.

good luck on your programming endeavor

-yui

Dan Gistenson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi,

Can someone suggest which cd rw disk blanks are reliable but not too
expensive? I'll use the disks for two different reasons. First, I'll be
using the disks to backup a hard drive, and second, I'll use the disks to
distribute software being developed in house.

Should I use disks made by the manufacturer of the cd rw drive or doesn't
it matter? Do disks come in different densities / capacities?

Thanks,
Dan

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html