From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 07:33:48 -0800
Diane Kroeckel wrote:

>Does anyone know if Refillable Ink Jet Cartridges actually work?  Do they
>mess up your printer?  I have a Lexmark 3200 printer.

In actuality they do work. Not the best from a quality stand point but
then there are times that quality is not the most important factor.

If the refilling is done improperly, it can "mess" up the printer. As
some of the posts have stated, it is a messy job and the cost of
refilling as defined by the time spent and the aggravation may not be
worth it. The other side is the Manufacturers will not honor the
warranty if the cartridges are refilled. The possibility of introducing
particulate is rather high.

As noted in these posts, there has been some success with refilling and
some sound advice about how to do it.On the other hand there are horror
stories from those that tried and found it wasn't all that easy.

As you know, print cartridges are expensive. You can purchase a printer
for little or nothing and the consumables can cost more than the
printer.

On the other side street we have companies that sell generic cartridges
for most printers. One of these places is Mr. Ink Man.
http://64.182.44.73/ I have purchased several cartridges for testing and
they seem to work well. If you have an HP printer, these people offer an
exchange program. You use your  cartridges and send the empty ones to
them for refill via a mailer.

The other location, Affordable Computer Supply, offers a two for one
deal on cartridges.
http://www.inkjetRus.net/advertising.html

I have not ordered anything from them nor have I tested any of their
products however, the price is right.

There may be other locations that offer the same or similar deals. It's
a matter of searching to find what you need.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's: