From:
Dennis Dittmar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:47:58 EST
In a message dated 3/24/06 4:24:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> When I look in the RECYCLER Folder I see 3 other files and a folder with
> similar long names but nothing that matches exactly. I have no idea what the
> purpose of this folder is and if the contents can safely be removed. I did
> download a file to remove NewDotNet but Windows Defender still indicates it
> is in the RECYCLER Folder.

I had a similar experience with a 98SE machine a year or two ago. I found
that some virus or worm  etc software adds hidden folders to the Recycle folder.
And can only be seen when you 'explore' the folder in DOS mode or right click
and check propertie to see if there are extra folders. I had to delete them in
good ole DOS mode, dont know how XP handles that but its a way of deleting
them.
Dennis Dittmar
Maspeth NY

                     support at our newest website: