From:
Robert Brock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2008 03:04:47 +0000
I have a compac presario sn1200sx, 2800+sempron processor,256 mb ram,40gb ultra dma hard drive that is 5 years old.Over the years I have installed 2 gb's ram,and a second 160 gb hard drive as a slave.The 40 gb drive started to go bad, and I purchased a 80 gb to replace it. I backed up my files on a 160 gb external usb drive.I installed the new 80 gb drive,and before I installed windows xp,I did a stupid mistake ,I unplugged the power from the slave drive,but left the wide ide ribbon attached.I cannot open the slave drive up.The computer recognizes the drive in device manager.I have run the Disk Error checking utility,and it will not open up.Any suggestions.
Thank You,
Robert Brock