From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 18:20:43 -0500
On 23 Mar 98 at 6:07, Ray Reyes wrote:

> The motherboard isn't all you're going to have to replace; few video
cards
> will work at faster than 75 MHz bus speeds, and there's no telling what
100
> MHz bus will require in the way of memory, etc. Such an upgrade could get
> awfully expensive awfully fast.

Hi Ray,
The next generation memory specs are out.  Typical SDRAM is going the way
of EDO in favor of more exotic concoctions, and Intel is pushing something
called RAMBUS.  Right now I'm buying Pentium II and 440LX mobos.  I'm going
to wait awhile for the dust to settle before I try a 100mhz system.

Tom Turak