From:
"David A. Abbe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 21:32:08 EST
howdy all, and first off thank you everyone for the responses to my
question
about my pop's monitor  double blinking......

now i am having some difficulties.
a couple of days ago my computer didn't want to boot up when i first
turned it on.  i hit the switch a couple of times and it finally came up.
 did it to me yesterday also.  i will hit the switch, it will chatter a
tiny bit, like it's trying to access the hard drive but then it quits.
the power supply fan is going fine during this time.  it won't try to
read either my a or b drives at all.
so today when i tried to start it up,   it wouldn't do anything.  i
popped the case and looked around.  i think the power leads going to my
hard drive were loose.  i pulled the plug and re-inserted it a couple of
times.  the first couple of times nothing, i
could hear my hard drive whine just a bit but never go ahead and start
spinning.  finally it came on.  oh, and also one of the times it had one
long continuous beep.  not any short ones, just one long beep.  i know
that means something but not sure what.

so, what do you think??  hard drive goin south??  or cable??? i'm not
really sure what to do next.  because of finances i can't go out and
upgrade yet but plan on it in the future, as of now my system is as
follows:

486 cpu
170 meg ide hard drive
dos 6.2
win 3.1

running memaker---and the system hates it, i just have been gun shy about
removing  it yet

netroom memory management util..

i don't know, what else?

(can't see brand name on hard drive)

sorry if this is too general, holler with questions and i'll check....
thanks in advance for any and all suggestions....

now it's later in the evening and i noticed my cpu fan is dead.  it's a
new fan  and even though i know they are cheap and can go out in a blink
i still suspect something else, cables coming from power supply maybe???

thank you everyone,

David A. Abbe

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]