From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 18:00:50 -0700
I am working on a PC that started out with a broken floppy drive but has
developed into a series of dead power supplies. The PC was working fine
when the owner forced a hung up floppy out of the drive. They attempted  to
replace the drive but once they got it back in the computer would not power
on. At that point they brought it to me and after inspecting it I
discovered the power supply had died.I put in a new power supply added some
ram and was begin to install dial up networking when I began to get lockups
and crashes. I immediately suspected the ram even though I had been running
it Ok in another PC. Then I tried to boot off the  the new floppy drive but
it  wouldn't access until finally the PC would not power on. Another dead
power supply....coincidence ?...It is a cheap power supply so I suppose it
is possible ...what could cause this ?

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**