From:
Brendhan Horne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 18:48:01 -0400
So, in troubleshooting, I reset the CMOS jumper to default it, and still no
go.  I then proceeded to pull all components, including motherboard,
thinking that perhaps the m/b was grounding out, and still no go.  I then
pulled out my old RIVA128 TNT STB vid card, put it in, and it worked,
booting up to bios screen.  So I determined there that the Herc DDR vid card
was wasted, and went out and got a new GeForce 2 MX400.  Came home and put
that in the isolated m/b, and no go on the new vid card.  I have pushed down
as hard as possible on both the geforce cards trying to seat them as good as
possible, but to no avail.

Brendhan replies:
It sounds like your MB is toast at least as far as that slot in it goes. Try
a PCI vid card instead of a AGP card or vice versa I am not sure which type
you are running. But most of the high end cards are AGP as I understand it.

Brendhan Horne

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml