From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 23:04:54 -0400
Presumably, if you've left the old one sitting around for so long that you don't remember the password, there is no data still on it that you want to recover.  If not, then you can use a Win 98 startup disk to fdisk and reformat the drive, and you will not need to access the OS.  You can download such a disk from www.freepctech.com (the site that supports this list), or you can google search for a download.  If you need to access the Win 2K OS, someone on the list probably knows how to do that.

Tim Wright <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>boy i'm glad i found this site, as i am pulling out my hair.  I pulled out my old computer from the attic to give my son to do school work on.  it has windows 2000 as the o/s but when i turned it on, the log in message appears and after all this time, i don't remember my log in or password.  I want to reformat the hard drive to windows 98, as that is the only discs i can still find.  can I access the system to change o/s without logging onto the computer?  or do you have any idea how i can recover or check the system for that information?

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml