From:
John Kemp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 22:52:25 -0400
Bob,

A bang and a frozen screen does not immediately constitute a dead HDD in my
mind, but if you are convinced that the primary HDD is dead, I won't debate
it with you.

As long as that second drive has not been damaged, you should have no
problem installing it in your computer and seeing the data. My only concern
would be - what operating system is on your computer and what is the "file
structure" on your granddaughter's second HDD?

For example, you will not be able to see the information that is on a drive
that has been formatted in NTFS if your operating system is Windows 98 or
ME. But you could install the drive on any computer with XP or Windows 2000
system and be able see the files on a FAT or NTFS partion without any
problem. Of course, if you formatted the second HDD on granddaughter's
computer in FAT32, then you will have no problem seeing with any of the
aforementioned operating systems.

Hope This Helps...John