From:
Bryan Tyson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 07:51:17 EDT
In a message dated 4/23/00 10:10:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Sam writes:

<< I don't have the info right at hand, but I think the questioner is
referring
 to Direct  Connection Cable (DCC) which I believe connects to the parallel
 ports on each machine. She would only need a crossover cable and I think you
 need some software (but maybe not. it has been awhile since I checked up on
 this) >>

Yes, you do need a crossover cable for this. Just look for a cable that says
it works with DCC. This might be the same as a "laplink" or "interlink"
cable, but I am not sure. At any rate, at our local Best Buy there are two
different brands available that clearly say on the package they work with
DCC. DCC can be used with either serial or parallel ports, with the parallel
being faster.

In Win98 DCC is explained in Help. No additional software is needed, as it is
a built-in feature.

Bryan S. Tyson

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html