Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 13:14:34 +1300
Derek, I haven't used that brand so can't comment.  But there's a couple of things to watch for with these cases - unfortunately you probably won't be able to spot them without actually doing an installation.

The first is whether the inbuilt fan is (a) silent (b) will remain silent and won't get noisy within a couple of weeks (c) is actually effective.  This last is more applicable to a HDD than a CD.

Secondly, some cases are diabolically difficult to install drives into - I've had two brands that were very badly planned and engineered.

As I said, unless someone can recommend a case to you, it's a matter of caveat emtor - buyer beware.

Just had a look at the boxes that came with two of mine - there's no brand name.  But one says it's an 'ME-720 series'.  Steer clear of that one - awful thing.  It LOOKS good, shiny silver space-age design but crap.

The other just says it's a 'Mass StorageUSB2' enclosure.  This one is excellent, even tho it's a clear plastic container.  Simple design and easy to fit a drive into.  The USB lead fits in nice and snug, too.

Oh, one other thing - don't buy ANY brand that doesn't have an external on-off switch.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand