From:
Westly Montroos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 06:42:16 -0700
Hi,

I work at a library, and we have bought seven personal
computers, with Microsoft Windows 2000 Pro edition. We
are using these computers for internet, in a network
connection without a domain, so they are working in a
workgroup. We were using five computers with Windows
98 SE edition, also in a workgroup, but with three ip
addresses, but the five computers were able to get
online because we were using proxyplus for two
computers. But with these seven, which five of them we
are going to use for internet, don't have Windows 98
SE, but that is not the main problem, because Windows
2000 has more security than Windows 98.
This is the main problem; we want that the clients log
in as guest, because logging in as guest the user is
not able to do many thing on the computer like
changing some settings. But if you log in as guest,
the user is not able to print a document, and only one
computer is sharing its printer, and as guest the
computer is not able to see the shared printer. Is
there a workaround for this?
Okay, five computers have to go online, but there are
only three ip addresses.
Is there a way to share the ip address of one computer
with windows 2000 with a second one? But it has to
work under guest also.

I hope I have described the situation as clear as
possible, because English is not my main language.

Have a nice day,

Westly Montroos.