From:
Graham Lockwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 16:22:07 -0400
Brent Reynolds <[log in to unmask]> said:

{snip}
>The website is now back up as a place to download drivers for SyQuest
>products.  The remains of SyQuest were bought up for cash by the company
>they were billed as in process of killing.  If you have bought your SyJet
or
>your EZ-Flier within the past six months and it has a problem, Iomega will
>split the cost of repair down the middle with you, at least for a time.  If
>you bought your SyQuest drive earlier, or bought it used, you're probably
on
>your own when it breaks.
{snip}

I bought a SyQuest SparQ drive last summer from CompUSA and then, last
December, the spring that kept the door shut broke off, fell inside, and got
jammed in something and it stopped working.  It as too late to return it to
CompUSA but I still had my warrenty from SyGuest.  Then I discovered that
SyQuest had gone out of business.  Strangely (and happily) enough, though,
CompUSA apparently had some kind of agreement with someone and they took
back my drive and gave me cash for it.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html