From:
"Larry A. Kaduce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 13:29:19 -0500
Hello group, I'm usually the one with answers -- or at least willing to give
my opinion on various topics -- but this one has me stumped and I wonder if
anyone else has been through a similar situation:

I have recently upgraded my Motherboard to a Biostar M7VIG PRO. It has two
SDRAM slots and two DDR RAM slots. With DDR memory selling almost as cheap
as SDRAM, I picked up two 256 MB sticks. However, running benchmarks with
SiSoftware Sandra, my speed is about the same and my memory bandwidth is no
faster than with SDRAM. I have checked the motherboard manual and all it
says is that the voltage is automatically set at 2.5v for DDR and 3.3v for
SDRAM. There is a DIMM power jumper that will allow me to increase voltage
in .1v increments to 2.8v, but it is strongly recommended to keep it at
2.5v.

Will increasing this voltage help speed up the RAM, or am I risking blowing
out the memory or making my system unstable. Right now it is fairly stable,
with about one BSOD per week, regarding my ATI Radeon card.

Thanks all for your help!

Larry A. Kaduce

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml