From:
bobwarasila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 13:22:43 -0500
>   Can you get to a command prompt, run "ipconfig /all >temp.txt", and send
> us the temp.txt file that results (paste it into the message body)?  That
> will help us see if the connection is functioning and you're getting a
valid
> IP address and DNS settings.  If those are okay, we can have you try
"ping"
> to establish network connectivity/reachability.  Once all of those check
> out, then we're ready to consider whether it could be a problem with IE
> itself.
>
> David Gillett

Since my last post, I removed the device under System/Device Manager and
reinstalled it.  I keep getting stopped on the driver update even though I
have the Dell update file downloaded and unzipped into a folder.  Seems to
be unable to find a file it wants to complete the process.  In any case this
is where I am.

BIOS setup shows  integrated NIC is enabled.  System/Device Manager says the
NIC is operating properly.  ipconfig says cannot read ip configuration.
Last time I was at this at least the command ran even though it produced a
string of 0's for locations.  Again, apparently I don't understand the setup
logic for things under P&P.

Bob Warasila