From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2003 18:31:44 -0400
> Both machines are running Windows XP, and both PC’s can see the
> two-networked PC’s in the My Network Places window under the name
> of the network I have created. If I then click on the PC symbol
> for the other PC to view its shared resources, it responds with,
> "(PC Name) is not accessible. You might not have permission to
> use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this
> server to find out if you have access permission. The network
> path was not found".
> I get the same result from either PC when I try to view the
> resources available on the other networked machine.
> I installed the network using the network wizard, but entered all
> the TCP/IP addresses manually, which seems to be ok as I have
> internet access, and the ping tests work in all directions.
> Can anyone help me please?

        Make sure the shares are open to the users of the other machines, that
means you have to add those users to your machine and grant them access to
the share. WinXP uses a user based sharing authentication system, versus the
share based system on Win9x versions of windows. TTYL

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com