From:
R Paddock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 12:59:29 -0800
I have put data on eight gold colored CD-R disks and
not been able to read from any of them.
At the same time I have not had any problem reading
from a different brand of silver colored CD-R disks
that I put data on.
The only difference I can see is the gold say have
printed on them "CD-Recordable Media" and the silver
have "CD-R Recordable".
I have been told by two different people that the gold
ones should work for data. The salesperson at CompUSA
said that "they are all pretty much the same".
I not sure but I think I read someplace that gold are
for music and silver are for data.
My question is are they the same?
What am I missing here?

Hewlett Packard computer with a Hewlett Packard Plus
CD Writer model 8100 that I am sure were not purchased
together.

Ron Paddock