From:
Tony Lodge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 21:50:20 -0000
Hi ,
I've spent a good few hours just trying to install a 56k modem in place of a
33.6.
First I got the answer that another program was using the modem, then, the
port wouldn't open.
 I don't need to tell you ,if you've ever tried installing a modem how
difficult it can be when you really don't have much of a clue about what
you're doing.
However, I persisted with it and eventually, it looked fine, all set up and
ready to go.
Then I came to this problem which I was unable to fix, which was , each time
it rang , I quickly got back the messaage that there was no answer from the
other computer. So I decided to try a line here at home, I'm lucky that
there is a second one. Anyway, what happened was that the phonne gave just
one ring and stopped. I tried several times and exactly the same thing
happened, just one ring and it cuts out.
Maybe this has happened to some of you, I#d be really glad to know as I've
had so many frustrating times trying to install them that I would like to
know if there's a good way or text about installi ng them.
I know I've rambled on here, thanks for reading this, sorry about taking up
your time,
Regards,
Tony

                            The NOSPIN Group