From:
Wanda Irby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:20:56 -0600
Doug Simmons wrote:

>It sounds as though you deleted the HP files but didn't uninstall them, leaving printer stuff in the registry.
>It sounds as though you deleted the HP files but didn't uninstall them, leaving printer stuff in the registry.   Remember that the HP software and drivers, etc are also placed in the \windows\system directory, but have cryptic names.  You may have to re-install the HP things then use the Add/Remove tool in the control panel if HP doesn't have their own uninstall program.
>
>If the MS KB Article that was suggested doesn't work, you may try the re-install and uninstall process.
>
>Doug
>At 3/27/2004 09:10 PM, Wanda Irby wrote:
>
>I have a new Epson CX5400 all in one.  I am trying to get it to work with a computer that was part of a network.  It is running Win 98SE & has 512 meg of memory.  It formerly had a HP printer.  The scanner software installs just fine & it will work as a scanner and print from it but when installing the printer software, I get the error message:
>SURegCreateKey failed.  I have removed the HP software & deleted everything I can find connected to the network.  It won't print from the computer.  Can anyone help?

No, I removed it from the Control Panel but there were some things left in the registrey.  When it would not install, I removed those too.  It keeps trying to install it to LPT 1 instead of the USB port.
        Wanda Irby in Seymour in the great State of TEXAS, USA

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com