From:
Elizabeth Boston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 13:45:57 -0400
        I'm having a problem printing to an HP Deskjet 712C printer
across a network. The network consists of 10 computers, most are
running Windows 95. There are three printers, two of which work
fine, but the HP712C will only print from the computer it is
attached to, and one laptop running Windows 98.
        I have moved the printer from the 486 that it was connected to,
to a new 366Mhz computer, with the same results. On all the other
computers, I go to network neighborhood, select the printer on
the computer it is attached to, double click and follow the
install routine. When it gets to the point of printing a test
page, I get one of two errors. Either I get an illegal operation,
or a message telling me that it can't communicate with the
printer, and my print request was deleted.

        Any ideas what to check for?

        Elizabeth Boston

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html