Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 06:23:01 +0000
I believe Ian is on the right track, but in this case a Joule rating has more
to do with how much energy can be absorbed in case of a power spike, lightning
strike, etc. rather than how much energy the device (battery back-up) puts out.

You'll notice that surge protectors are rated in Joules, and they don't provide
any power back up, but just some protection against spikes.  It is absolutly
correct to say the higher the number the better (and more expensive).

Steve Sabljak

> >Just one last question concerning a battery back-up.  What is a joule rating?
> >  Should I be looking for a small or large number in the joule rating for the
> >best battery back-up.  Thanks so much to all of you that replied to my last
> >questions on choosing a battery back-up.
> >
> >Susan Hays

> Joule is supposedly the amount or quantity of energy a device puts out; so
> a higher number theoretically better.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml