From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 16:53:19 -0500
I think you misunderstood what this was about.  The original message
referred to the phone number where one could call 3Com with any modem and
test your phone line to see if it would work with a 56K modem.  There used
to be a toll-free number to do this, but it has been disconnected.  The
number I listed below is answered, but I cannot figure out the terminal
emulation settings I need to get it to work.

I tried downloading the file you suggested and it will not work with my
non-USR modem.  It seems to simply be a program to test USR modems for
possible upgrades to the BIOS and does not seem to have any options to test
a phone line.

                                  -----