From:
Chris Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2007 06:41:48 -0400
-----Original Message-----
Date:    Wed, 23 May 2007 14:26:21 -0700
From:    Ron Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Safe to OverClock?

I play a lot of games, world of warcraft, counter strike: source, games that
are graphic intensive, I recently decided to use my Warpspeeder over clock
utility that came with my Biostar MOBO and used the auto overclock option
which sets it to the highest setting before it crashed at while
overclocking, which ends up running it at about 3733mhz because the most my
MOBO can handle is 3800mhz. I use a Pentium 4 3.4ghz chip so its clocking
about 400mhz over, everything seems to run fine right now, I played a few
games and watched the processor temp, highest it went was 49 degrees
celsius. Do you think Im safe with the over clocking or am I going to
eventually kill my MOBO/Processor. I also use my Biostar VGA Ocer overclock
utility for my Nvidia Geforce 7600GS video card which has it slightly
overclocked does over clocking my processor affect that?
       Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.  Join Yahoo!'s
user panel and lay it on
us.http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48516/*http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_
panel_invite.asp?a=7 hot CTA = Join Yahoo!'s user panel

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com

------------------------------

Overclocking stresses all of the components of the system mainly due to the
increased heat that it produces. If you only have whatever cooling fans
originally came with the system, you run the risk of damaging them
especially when the ambient temperature is high.

An extra case fan pulling hot air out, a high quality heatsink/fan for the
cpu and adequate airflow throughout the case (bundling up drive cables or
going to round ones and securing power leads neatly out of the way) is
essential.

There are no guarantees here as the "default" settings are the ones the
system is meant to run at. You may want to poke around the internet more to
see just exactly what you're in for. There are a ton of sites covering
"overclocking" YMMV

Chris Ryan

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml