Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 17:27:27 +0700
Mine is an PCI Motorola SM56 voice modem(internal, of course, since the SM is equal
to Soft Modem).
After installing the driver, I found an icon in control panel named "Motorola SM56
PCI Speakerphone", 'coz I cannot use the features of a speakerphone, I think it's a
mistake of the installer. I've reinstalled the modem with the newest drv in
manufacturer's website but that icon is still there(who can tell me how to delete an
icon in Control Panel?).
And I've just checked everything you mentioned, but cannot find any error!?
Pls tell me why? Or could you suggest some hardware device for Internet Telephony?
Thanks for you all.

Chen Yu
*********************
*We are living dust!*
*********************
> I have a Genius Sound Maker 3DJ, full-duplex, PnP, support iPhone, and a
SM56
> Motorola modem. I plug a microphone into the MIC jack of the sound card.
> Strange thing: when I say something into the microphone, here is the voice
> in the  speaker(plug into the soundcard too), but cannot record anything!
I have
> checked  Control Panel/Multimedia, no strange thing, I can control the
volume of the
> mic, it's enabled too.
> note: The modem has it own SPK and MIC holes, so I think it's a
speakerphone one.
> What can I do?
> Any ideas would be most appreciated

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: