From:
Don Cooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 May 1998 22:16:00 -0700
Don Cooley wrote:

> Would not Partition Magic do the same thing without having to lose
> the data?
>
> Don
Larry wrote:

I have not used the current version of Partition Magic, but I would
think that it wouldn't do the same thing.  It would allow for the
resizing of the partition, but not recognizing what the BIOS can't.
would assume that a system BIOS upgrade, a hard drive BIOS solution
like
the EIDEMAX or DTC 1181, or a software solution such as DiskManager
would be necessary to see the entire drive.  And this would require
repartitioning the drive and thus, losing the existing data.
Someone
PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong.
---
Larry Atlow                          Internet:[log in to unmask]
Microcomputer Analyst                Phonenet: (601) 264-9639

Larry

I was assuming that all of the hardware was installed (EIDEMAX,
etc.) and then Partition Magic ought to take care of the partitions
without having to re-format the whole disk and lose his data.

On second thought it seems to me that once the EIDEMAX was installed
the primary partition would be recognized and  it would be active
then he could do an extended partition and make that drive D:  Then
he could use Partition Magic to make both partition into one.  Does
that make sense?

Don