From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:25:11 -0800
I have a server that does TV, Talkworks, file server, print server, and a
bunch of other day to day tasks. It doesn't do games or media. It is just a
day to day work horse, and I watch the news on it with a ATI All in
Wonder.  The motherboard is a server class IWILL board and has on board
Soundmax, that is circa 2002. It does the job.

  I have been using a couple of tiny powered Sony speakers with it, and I
am thinking of upgrading. The Sony's are tiny, cheap and you wouldn't want
to listen to music with them, but they don't hiss, and that is a big deal
to me, because I work in a very quiet environment with the computers in
another room, and the cabling coming in through a access tunnel. No fan
noise in here! So it is very quiet, and any noise is bothersome.

If I want to listen to serious music, games, or DVDs, I power up the
Logitech speakers on my Workstation.

I don't need anything more then two speakers, and a subwoofer, and they
don't have to be state of the art sound quality, or anything even close,
but I would like something good enough to play music on, and they will be
on all the time, because the server functions as a message center. Any
recommendations for very quiet, no hiss, good sounding speakers?

Thanks!

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://www.freepctech.com/rode/