From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 19:30:09 -0800
On  6 Nov 98 at 9:33, KABLE,Stephen wrote:

> However, when we remove the EGA card and monitor and install the
> VGA card and monitor we just get a blank screen and the machine
> does not boot (no HD activity).  I have also tried the video cards
> from the other machines, that I know to be working, with the same
> result.

  Make sure that all of the boards and cables (and RAM) are
firmly/fully seated; one may have gotten knocked loose while you were
swapping cards.

  It sounds to me like you've made tests that would have revealed if
the video card or monitor were bad.  The boot process is in text
mode, where both EGA and VGA emulate CGA, so you shouldn't have had
to change low-level settings.

David G

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html