From:
Frank B Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 1998 18:32:48 -0700
It is always possible that you have an aberant CPU... however, since the
Cyrix chip runs Windows 3.1, 95 and 98 w/o any problems, and these programs
inherently are more top heavy, I would have to say that this is not a
problem for this chip.   However, something is obviously amiss, if the
computer will crash in DOS...   btw, what kind of programs are these?  What
is your chip set/motherboard?  is your ram matching?   is your bios
optimized for the Cyrix CPU?

Cyrix is notorious for having a slow, but functional FPU, however my
experience with their stuff has been completely w/o problems (from the cpu).

Frank B Smith