From:
"Frank R. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 15:36:17 -0400
MSI 875P Neo-LSR motherboard, w2k, sp4, with the
logitech cordless Mx Duo keyboard/mouse.  (This combo
uses the logitech Mx 700 cordless mouse.)

When I try to put the computer into stand-by mode,
it starts the process, but reawakens itself and brings
up a message box that says:

"The device driver for the 'Logitech-compatible Mouse PS/2'
device is preventing the machine from entering standby.
Please close all applications..."

Both standby and hibernate used to work with this keyboard/
mouse combo, but before the logitech drivers were installed.
(The drivers activate extra functionality on the keyboard and
mouse.)

Logitech mice seem to be notorious for causing power
management and standby problems.  I even found a link
on the web to a currently non-existent logitech support
page about these problems.
(http://www.rageunderground.com/articles/standby.shtml