From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 08:03:30 -0400
Have you tried a BIOS update? From the specs on your computer my guess would be that your mobo/system will not support cards like this. Check the mobo's web site to get its specs for supporting video cards.  I am not sure what card in the 8-16 Mb group it would support, but it will be hard finding those cards new.  You might try a Google search to find out what you need.

>My problem is a new VisionTek Xtasy 5564, 2D-3-D,64MB,PCI video card that
>doesn't work with my board. I have made sure that it properly seated. I don't
>have on board video. The motherboard will not post with this card, but will
>post with my 4Mb card. The directions for installation say to install card,
>then restart computer to load drivers. My Questions are1)Could this card
>(64MB) be too much for the motherboard to handle? 2) Does anyone know if a
>32MB or 16MB card would work and if so what brand?
>TIA!!
>COMPUTER SPECS:
>AMD 6-2 w/3DNOW 350 CPU, 64k Primary mem.cache,512k secondary mem cache
>P55T2P4 Rev.3.x motherboard
>64MB Ram
>Chipset: Intel Triton 430HX rev. 3
>Award Bios#401A0-0207 07/08/98