From:
"Shkabara, Peter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 08:13:41 -0800
Even if you don't have the Emergency disk, there is no need to reformat the
drive. You can re-install a new copy of NT over the old. However, you will
lose the registry configurations for your programs by doing so. This may
necessitate the reinstallation of all the applications. I avoid doing so.
One other option in the NT installation is to repair without an emergency
disk. NT will then look for any missing or corrupt files. This is not always
successful, but it is worth a try given the alternatives.

Peter Shkabara, P.E.
Computer Science Instructor
Rogue Community College
http://www2.rogue.cc/PShkabara