Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:21:32 -0500
Hi all!
I've been away from the list for a little while and it's good to be back! I have a new FIC AZ-11 main board with a Thunderbird 700 and 256 megs of memory, and a power man 300 watt ATX power supply. The system has been running PERFECTLY for since I built it about 1 1/2 months ago, no blue screens and has never crashed. The problem I don't understand is that the software that came with the board for monitoring reports the voltages as follows : 3.39= 3.5, 5 = 6.48 and 12 = 15.71. The system runs very cool at about 74 degrees Fahrenheit being on all the time. When I put a volt meter on a power lead while the system is running it measures the 12 volt at 11.9 and the 5 volt at 5.1. I thought the software might be faulty so I got another disk and get the same results. I also down loaded CPU Cooler and it gives the same readings! Can the board actually have these voltages and still work flawlessly or is the monitoring chip reporting falsely for some reason? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Richard Jenkins

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html