From:
David Abbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 05:58:04 -0500
Hi Gang,
Not to be argumentative, but, what about interference?  In audio systems,
great care is often taken to ensure the complete separation of cables so
as to not pick up any interference from other cabling, such as keeping
the speaker cables very separate from power cables and so forth.  What
are the implications of bundling all cables together on a computer?  What
about the modem lines, speaker lines?  Shouldn't they be separated from
the rest?  I  have bundled them all  together before also but have been
curious about this.  The interference may be negligible and I have no way
of measuring it, but in a game of every bit of performance counts, like
computing, wouldn't it be better to separate some of the cables from
others?

Just something I have been curious about for awhile.

Take care  everyone.

David A. Abbe