From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 15:29:44 -0400
>I'm running a Gateway PII, 192 MG RAM, Windows 98 and have a UMAX Astra
>1220U.
>When making copies using copy utility, there are wide dark vertical streaks
>down the paper, the more copies you make, the wider the streaks become,
>until it fills the whole page.  When scanning pictures wide yellow streaks
>appear, and again the more you scan the more streaks appear.  Does anyone
>have any idea as to what's causing this and what the fix is? Thanks.

Can you print from other applications to the same printer without the streaking in B/W and color?  Can you print a test page from your printer without any streaking?  Have you ever cleaned the glass surface on your scanner?  The 1220U is a decent scanner, but have you checked the settings on the user interface?  Are you scanning from a document manager program or directly from the Astra's software user interface.  Are you scanning to a graphics editor and printing from there?  Do the streaks appear in the monitor image, or only when you print?  Could be several different things not related to the scanner, or the scanner could be failing (the 1220 is an older model from early 1998).

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml