From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 06:53:05 -0600
Also on the subject of PCI parallel cards:

Currently running Windows 95A with three parallel ports, LPT1 on the
motherboard with a scanner, LPT2 on an ISA card with an Iomega tape drive
and a Zip drive daisy-chained and LPT3 on an ISA card with a Canon inkjet
printer and using an AWE64 sound card - everything works fine.

Attempted to replace two ISA cards with a DTC 1138D PCI dual-port card -
need to open up an ISA slot.  Scanner and printer both work OK as LPT1 and
LPT3 and LPT2 seems to be installed OK, but cannot get the tape drive and
Zip drive to work.  There appears to be a conflict between the Iomega
parallel port interface driver and the AWE64 sound card as both of these
have a yellow exclamation mark next to them and removing and reinstalling
seem to have no effect.  I cannot see an obvious problem  and Windows only
tells me that the drivers are not installed correctly.  What can I look
for?  Has anyone had any experience with these PCI parallel port cards and
Zip drivers?  Any recommendations on ones that work?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html