From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:42:57 -0800
For Windows 2000, you must have set a password for Administrator during the
initial installation. You must have forgotten it. Without password, you
cannot get in. If there is corruption in the user part of the registry, you
can switch to a backup configuration during boot by pressing the space bar
at the appropriate point. I assume that you already tried that and it did
not solve your problem.

You should be able to install a new copy of Win2k on the disk. This can
either overwrite your current installation, or create a new one by
specifying a new "Windows" folder - for example, you could install to WINALT
for the alternate install. After booting to the new installation, you can
backup the files you need, or keep running with the new installation if the
disk is ok.

Peter
The NoSpin Group