From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 14:19:38 -0700
Adam Favre wrote:
>I am upgrading a Pavillion 7955 power supply for a Pentium 4 PC. The
>original supply was 200w MAX and the new one is 350w Max

The 350W power supply should do well. My question is are you upgrading the
motherboard and processor? Are you going to use the old case? If you are
upgrading the board and processor, you may want to give some consideration
to cooling. The faster the processor the more cooling it will need. The
older cases were fine for earlier hardware that didn't need much cooling.

>The new supply has it's own physical switch. Will the new supply allow me
>to use the switch on the front of the PC.

There shouldn't be any problem. My systems and all of the systems I build
have a switch on the power supply and the front switch is the one we all
use.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers