From:
Ron Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 06:02:38 -0600
I had a similar problem with a Soyo motherboard.  All the parts worked in
another machine.  Turns out the BIOS didn't support the CPU I was using.
Got a different CPU and flashed the BIOS on the Soyo.  Everything has run
fine since then.

The Windows XP start-up routines will fail under conditions that previous
Windows versions did not.

Ron Jobe