From:
Chuck Finnigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 19:50:40 -0800
Did this query fall thru the cracks?  I don't remember seeing it posted...

__________________________
In the Device Manager of System Properties, my Hard disk controller device
lists 3 items:

Intel 82371SB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller (working properly)
Primary IDE controller (dual fifo) (device not present or working properly)
Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo) (working properly)

The first two are using IRQ 14.
The first and third are coexisting peacefully on IRQ 15.

When I try to remove the Primary controller, it always returns when I reboot
the machine.  It appears that I have two IDE controllers conflicting with
each other.  How do I disable the second one?  (AMIBIOS on an Intel board,
Windows 98)  I have two hard drives connected via one cable to the
motherboard with my TEAC CD drive using the other connection on the board.
Any advice, comments appreciated!

chuck finnigan

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html