From:
DENISE ROCHE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2011 23:39:37 -0400
Hi everyone!

I'm finally going to do it- build my first PC. I have a case already. My needs are: no gaming, lots of multitasking, graphics programs, multiple monitors, lots of data, home and school use with later use for work (writing), multimedia (I do not use a TV, my PC is my entertainment center), and (most importantly) as "future proof" as I can get it. I need this PC to be able to handle what I throw at it for 10 years or more. I know that's a tall order, but I believe it can be done.

I am a college student at the moment, and I attend school online. I often have 10 or more windows open when I am writing a research paper. My current PC is Windows XP Pro. I am going to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional. I'll be keeping everything 32 bit until I know that I can upgrade to 64 bit without adverse affects. I have a new Windows 7 Professional 32 bit laptop, so I know what Windows 7 is like already. I get all of my TV and some of my movies online.

I'm poor, so I have to choose carefully. This is the motherboard and processor bundle I am looking at:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6917854&csid=ITD&body=REVIEWS#tabs

I will also need to get a video card, some memory, the power supply, and an optical drive so that I can test the new build when I put it together. I can add components over the next few months. I'll be buying in July, so I am open to suggestions and comments.

So, what do you all think of the bundle I chose? Would you choose it or another set? I will sink most of my money into the motherboard, processor, and power supply, so this is the most important place to choose carefully.

Denise

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml